How can I help my child at Key Stage 3?
- Practise multiplication tables at home.
- Encourage your child to discuss money, best deals etc while out shopping.
- Ensure your child has the correct equipment and they are organised with their homework/planner.
- Be able to use an analogue clock.
- Use doddle/mymaths/key revision disk at home.
- Encourage a positive attitude towards the subject.
How can I help my child at Key Stage 4?
- Ensure your child buys the MathsWatch CD Rom Revision disk from school.
- Help them carefully plan their revision before exams. Make sure they are answering questions and not just reading a revision book.
- Ensure they have the correct equipment, especially a scientific calculator.
- Discuss financial matters with them at home eg mortgages, interest rates and household budgeting.
- Support their attendance at any revision sessions after school.