Transition from Year 6 to Secondary School
This is a very exciting year as your child/ward prepares to move from primary to secondary education.
At the bottom of this page you will find a copy of the transition information we have already sent out to you (e.g. the Welcome Guide for New Parents/Carers) in readiness for your child/ward to start with us in September. We will continue to add further information to this page over the coming weeks.
Below we have also provided you with a variety of more general transition information that you may wish to go through with your child/ward, so they can start to find out about what life in secondary school will be like. We have also included some resources associated with wellbeing that we hope you will find of use.
In addition, you can find out more about our school by watching the short video below, which gives a flavour of our wonderful students, staff and facilities:
The physical and mental wellbeing of students is our priority, and we know this can be an anxious time for both students and parents/carers. In addition, your child/ward has had to cope with a global pandemic and all the disruption this has caused both in and out of school. Please find the links to some websites you may find helpful during the transition from primary to secondary school. We are here to support you, every step of the way.
- Project to assist transition: https://youngminds.org.uk/youngminds-professionals/our-projects/find-your-feet/
- Place2be.org: https://www.place2be.org.uk/our-services/parents-and-carers/getting-ready-to-start-secondary-or-high-school/
- Peer to peer advice for students and parents/carers: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/tags/zh4wy9q/starting-secondary-school/1
- Transition tips for parents/carers: https://youngminds.org.uk/resources/school-resources/find-your-feet-transition-tips-for-parents/
- BBC: https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/transitioning-to-secondary-school/zkc9pg8?scrlybrkr=928e5c75
Home School Agreement:
On enrolment at Altrincham College, all parents/carers will be asked to sign the home-school agreement. To view this document, please follow the link by clicking here
Parents/Carers are asked to give consent for their child/ward's photograph and/or video to be used for displays around school and for school's marketing materials. We will also require specific consent to allow your child to access the school’s biometric services (cashless catering system).