Skip to content ↓

Medical Conditions

What to do if your child has a medical condition/illness



Should your child feel ill, or be injured, in school they should report this to Main Reception (either in person or via their teacher/form tutor/duty member of staff).

Students can talk to our Health & Welfare Co-ordinator or a First Aider, who will decide on the best course of action.

If your child is injured at school, or is so ill they need to go home, the Health & Welfare Coordinator, a First Aider, or one of the office staff will contact you.

Under no circumstances should students contact parents/carers themselves to request medication or ask to be collected from school.

Medicine/Health Conditions

If your child takes regular medication, or is prescribed medicine by the Doctor which needs to be taken during the school day you must notify the Health & Welfare Coordinator. Any medicine, including spare epi-pens and inhalers, must be handed in, in the original packaging, labelled with your child's name. A form must also be completed (see below) to accompany the medicine.

NO medication, other than an 'epi-pen' or asthma inhaler, should be carried around school as this presents a danger to other students (this includes all painkillers).

If your child has a chronic health condition (e.g. diabetes, CP) please contact our Health & Welfare Co-ordinator, who will discuss completing an Individual Health Care Plan (IHCP) specific to your child’s needs.