How can I help my child?
- Ensure homework is completed and an appropriate amount of time is set aside for its completion.
- Ensure they have the correct classroom equipment.
- Utilise opportunities that may arise to discuss current affairs relating to the ICT and Computing industry.
- Encourage them to watch the news and read articles relating to Computing and technological developments.
- Encourage frank and open conversations relating to on-line safety and the validity and accuracy of on-line sources of information.
- Encourage them to speak to their Computing teacher if a homework task cannot be completed, this conversation should ideally take place before the submission date of a homework task.
- Limit their access to technology especially when in situations where it cannot be monitored and/or when it could adversely affect their bedtime routine.
- If in KS4 or KS5, please purchase the recommended revision guides as advised by their teacher and ensure they attend all revision or intervention sessions they are invited to.