How can I help my child with Textiles?
- Talk to them about their work; ask them to show you their sketchbooks/portfolios (GCSE).
- Encourage them to experiment with Textiles techniques at home and to get designing/making.
- Provide basic Textiles equipment at home (needles, threads, materials) so that they can enjoy making out of the classroom environment.
- Ask your child what they are studying; ask them to explain the techniques they have learnt in school.
- Visit galleries, exhibitions, fashion shows and museums with your child.
- Encourage your child to attend lunch and after school clubs which are offered weekly.