Computer systems (Component 01)
- Systems Architecture
- Wired and wireless networks
- Network topologies, protocols and layers
- System security
- System software
- Ethical, legal, cultural and environmental concerns
Programming (Component 02)
- Data types
- Constants and variables
- Boolean operators
- Program flow
- Selection (If Statements)
- Iteration (Count and Condition controlled loops)
Useful revision resources on the school network can be found here:
R:\Departments\ICT\KS4\OCR Computing GCSE\A451 Computing systems and Programming\Revision Resources
- The Computer Science section of the BBC Bitesize Website.
Useful You Tube channels for revision include:
- Computer Science Tutor – search for ‘OCR GCSE Computing’
- Craig N Dave – search for ‘GCSE’
- GCSE OCR Computer Science Revision Guide (Grade 9-1 course). Published by CGP.
- GCSE OCR Computer Science Exam Practice Workbook (Grade 9-1 course). Published by CGP.