Home Testing Guide
- Home Testing Kits are simple quick tests using antigen lateral flow devices. This test is for pupils who are not showing any symptoms. This testing does not replace current guidance for those with symptoms or those identified as a close contact of a positive case. Anyone with symptoms should book a free NHS test and follow government self- isolation guidance.
- Home test kits are distributed in school. Testing is voluntary however if there are any pupils who are unable to collect these in school for any reason and would like a kit, please read the privacy notice and email: email@example.com
- Secondary pupils age 11 should have a test administered by an adult. Students ages 12-17 should be supervised by an adult but can swab themselves.
- You will need to carry out twice weekly testing at home (3 to 5 days apart) before coming into school. We suggest Sunday and Wednesday.
An instructional video is provided on YouTube for those taking the tests , please click on the following link to watch:
- You are required to report the results of your test online or by phone every time you take a test visit: www.gov.uk/report-covid19-result even if the result was negative or void. School is not able to view the results you have uploaded, therefore you should communicate any POSITIVE Covid test results to school via email using the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you wish to report any issues (damaged, missing or difficult to use kit or unable to log) please contact 119. Any clinical issues (allergic reaction etc) should be reported to https://coronavirus-yellowcard.mhra.gov.uk
Please also take note of the ' Privacy Notice' in regard to home-testing (copy attached below).
If you have any queries or concerns with Altrincham College’s covid testing, please email email@example.com