Information for Parents and Carers
- Online counselling and peer support at Kooth.com
- Confidential help and advice for young people on a wide range of issues: Childline; 0800 1111
If parents or students have any particular concerns, key contacts listed below can be contacted directly via email:
- Miss Diffley [Designated Safeguarding Lead for Altrincham College]
- Mrs Hudson-Kirkham [Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead]
- Ms Vitalis [Education Welfare Officer]
- Miss M O Brien [Pastoral Support Manager Year 7]
- Mrs Scholes [Pastoral Support Manager Year 8]
- Ms L Scholes [Pastoral Support Manager Year 9]
- Mr J Clark [Pastoral Support Manager Year 10]
- Mrs C Sherry-Brennan [Pastoral Support Manager Year 11]
- Mrs Brennan [Head of Sixth Form]
For URGENT safeguarding concerns, please contact Trafford First Response on 0161 912 5021 or online at www.trafford.gov.uk
If you feel a child is in immediate danger, call 999
How to stay safe at school:
Please note that since the making of this film, local restrictions mean that face masks have to be worn by students and staff on entry and exit to and from school, at lesson changeover times and at breaks and lunchtimes (except when eating and drinking). Thanks to Evie, Lily, Molly and Rebecca for taking part in this clip.
Returning to School – Transport Update
Those who must use public transport can help maintain a safer environment by following a few simple measures:
- You must wear a face covering, including at transport hubs and interchanges, and in taxis and private hire vehicles, unless you are exempt. If you don’t, you may be unable to travel and you could be fined £200.
- Keep your distance from other passengers where possible.
- Clean your hands frequently and carry hand sanitiser with you.
- Use contactless payment if you can.
- Download the NHS COVID-19 app before you travel, if possible, and check in where you see official NHS COVID-19 QR code posters.
- Avoid car sharing with people outside your household or support bubble.
A TfGM igo card is proof of age ID (needed for child tickets from age 11) and is also a smart card for buying tickets online, see tfgm.com/igo for details.
If you have a specific query relating to school buses, please contact Martin Shier – firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also read the 'school guidance - travelling safely' document at the bottom of the page.
Additional information can be found here: https://togethergm.org/reopening