How can I help my child with Key Stage 3 & 4 DT?
- When purchasing a new product, discuss the desired features/criteria and get them to evaluate a range of products, justifying which one they think will be most suitable.
- Encourage them to discuss the project they are currently working on, offering to provide survey/research data and advice about the quality of ideas.
- Provide access to television programmes such as ‘How it works’, ‘How it’s made’, or the ‘You tube’ back catalogue.
- Where possible provide the additional fastenings/fittings/materials for the final project, that the school does not stock.
- Support the pupils’ time management by familiarising yourself with interim and final deadlines for coursework completion.
- Support the pupils’ revision by setting aside time and space to work with your child memorising the specification content.