Free School Meals
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you receive any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job-seekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
Children who receive any of the above benefits in their own right (i.e. they receive benefits payments directly, instead of through a parent or carer) can also receive free school meals.
To find out more about how to apply and check your child's eligibility for Free School Meals, please use the link below:
Please note that Trafford no longer accept FSM applications over the phone.