The start of a new term!
I am very much looking forward to welcoming your child back to school over the next two weeks and hope they too are excited about the new term ahead.
Please be reassured that the Covid-19 strategies we have put in place to ensure everyone stays safe will be followed stringently and we will constantly be reminding students that they must adhere to the new rules for everyone's safety.
Our updated Risk Assessment is available to view on the attachment at the bottom of this page. Please make special note of the section entitled "Our Students".
Please do contact school if you have any questions and we will do our best to answer them for you. The main thing is to get started with learning again. Please ensure you have read the information below which highlights what will happen on the first day/first week.
All students are expected back at school next term. I would be grateful if you could phone or email us as soon as possible if:
1) your child is currently registered as clinically extremely vulnerable or clinically vulnerable as we will need to complete an individual risk assessment for your child when they first come in. All Clinically Vulnerable students should follow medical advice for their individual circumstances.
2) your child lives with someone who is clinically extremely vulnerable. They can return to school and must follow social distancing measures and regular handwashing measures at all times. We will need to keep an eye on them especially.
3) your child displays Covid-19 symptoms and, once tested, if those results are negative or positive, so that we can put measures in place if required.
Many thanks for your continued support.
Ms K Earle, Headteacher
Please read the attached documents below which all contain useful information about the return to school in September. You will receive paper versions of the attached over the course of the next week or so.
Please note that the school's risk assessment is a working document which is subject to change, pending updates to the Department of Education's guidelines.
Students will have a staggered return to school as below:
- Friday 4th September - Year 7 and Year 12 only
- Monday 7th September - Year 7, 11, 12 and 13 only
- Tuesday 8th September - Year 8, 9 and 10 only
- Wednesday 9th September - all students back in school on full time basis.