How can I help my child at Key Stage 3?
- Encourage your child to read for at least 30 minutes 3 times a week.
- Discuss English homework with them.
- Ensure your child has the correct equipment and they are organised with their homework/planner.
- Encourage your child to check spelling, punctuation and grammar in every piece of work they do across all subjects.
- Encourage a positive attitude towards the subject.
How can I help my child at Key Stage 4?
- Ensure your child buys the appropriate revision guides from school (letters will be sent from the department at appropriate times).
- Help them carefully plan their revision before exams. Make sure they are answering questions and not just reading a revision book.
- Support their attendance at any revision sessions after school.
- Discuss relevant news items with your child, to further extend their knowledge and understanding of the topic.