Skip to content ↓

GCSE PE  - Full Course

Physical Education in Year 10 & 11

AQA GCSE PE FULL COURSE 4890 (2014 spec) Year 11

Students will study many practical activities over the 2 years and be assessed through continual controlled practical assessments.

The activities will be tailored to the various group strengths in order to attain maximum grades through the practical component.

In terms of assessment 60% of the course is practically assessed and the remaining 40% is theoretically based. The theory side of the course will completed at the end of year 11 with a theory based exam paper.

AQA GCSE PE FULL COURSE 8582 (2016 spec) YEAR 10

Theoretical content

Pupils in year 10 will start the new AQA GCSE PE course. This qualification is linear. Linear means that students will sit all their exams and submit all their non-exam assessment at the end of the course. Subject theory content will be made up of the following content and account for 70% of the overall grade:

  • Applied anatomy and physiology
  • Movement analysis
  • Physical training
  • Use of data
  • Sports psychology
  • Socio-cultural influences
  • Health, fitness and well-being
  • Analysis of sporting performance

Pupils will sit two written papers at the end of the course based upon the above content.

Practical content

This will account for 30% of the overall grade. Pupils will be assessed on their practical performance in a team sport and an individual sport.