We would strongly advise that you are available on results day to collect your exam results in person. School staff will be available to support you with any queries that may arise.
When will my exam results be available?
Your results will be available for you to collect from school (in the Sixth Form) on the following dates:-
Y.13 GCE (A-level) & BTEC L3 Results
15th August 2019
08.30am – 10.30am
Y.12 Core Maths & Vocational Unit Grades
15th August 2019
09.00am – 11.00am
Y.11 GCSE & BTEC Level 1/2 Results
22nd August 2019
10am - 12pm
Students applying for University places
Students intending to progress to University should address any queries to Ms Court firstname.lastname@example.org or another senior member of staff. (Information regarding collection of results below).
Internal applicants confirming your place in the Sixth Form
- Students who have applied to the Sixth Form and have met the entry criteria should collect their enrolment pack on Thursday 22nd August between 10am – 12pm from the Sixth Form reception.
- Students who have applied to the Sixth Form but not quite achieved the entry criteria should meet with the Head of Sixth Form, or another senior member of staff on Thursday 22nd August between 10am-12pm to discuss their options.
- Students who have not applied to Altrincham College Sixth Form, but would like to take up a place having achieved the Sixth Form and course entry criteria, are very welcome to meet with the Head of Sixth Form or another senior member of staff to discuss course options and availability on Friday 23rd August between 10:00am – 12:00 noon.
External applicants to Sixth Form
- Altrincham College Sixth Form welcomes all external applicants (with a copy of your GCSE results) to meet with the Head of Sixth Form on Friday 23rd August between 10am-12pm to confirm your place and receive an enrolment pack.
- External students who have not previously applied to Altrincham College Sixth Form are also welcome to discuss taking up a place, dependant on GCSE results and course availability. You should arrive at the Sixth Form on Friday 23rd August between 10am-12pm and bring a copy of your GCSE results.
Unable to attend at the above times and dates?
- Any students unable to meet at the times and dates indicated should confirm their definite intention to take up their sixth form place to Mr Keegan (Head of Sixth Form) email@example.com or Ms Tovey firstname.lastname@example.org You can also send any queries, questions or concerns to this email.
- Mr Keegan will respond to your email as soon as possible.
- Alternatively, he will be available to meet with you on Monday 2nd or Tuesday 3rd September in the Sixth Form between 9am and 3.30pm.
Review of marking and access to scripts
- Any request for a review of marking for GCE (A-level) or GCSE candidates must be accompanied by a completed and signed request form together with a remittance for the cost of the service. Appendix 1
- Where a review of marking results in an improvement to the existing grade the cost will be reimbursed.
- A review of marking can involve the grade being reclassified downward, which would then be the permanent grade carried forward.
- Any request for an ‘Access to Script Form’ must be accompanied by a completed and signed request form together with a remittance for the cost of the service Appendix 2
- Please see the attached Fee Chart. Appendix 3.
What is the process if I am unable to collect my results?
- If you are unable to collect your results in person and want us to post them to you, please send in an A4 stamped self-addressed envelope for the attention of the Exams Office before the end of the summer term. We will then post your results to you on Thursday 17th August for GCE, and Thursday 22nd August 2018 for GCSE.
- If you wish any other person (including family members) to collect your results on your behalf, you must send in a signed letter of authorisation to the school Exams Office with the name of the individual collecting the results. On results day this person must have proof of identity (e.g. driving licence; debit card; passport etc.) Appendix 4.
- Please do not telephone or email school for your exam results as we are unable to give out results by telephone or email, unless this is a confirmed prior arrangement with the school.
- Results for GCE and GCSE not collected or posted on Results Day will be retained in school for collection at the start of term.
When will I receive my exam certificates?
- Certificates arrive in school about three months after you have received your results and will be presented to you at Presentation Evening (date to be confirmed).
- If you are unable to attend Presentation Evening you can collect your certificates from school at any time after Presentation Evening.
- Certificates may be collected on behalf of the candidate by a third party, provided they have written authorisation to do so. You must send in a signed letter of authorisation to the schools Exams Office with the name of the individual collecting the certificates.
- The person collecting your certificates must have proof of identity (e.g. driving licence, debit card, passport etc.).
- We are unable to put exam certificates in the post.
- Certificates will be retained by the school for one year. After this time, applications for replacement certificates should be made directly to the relevant Awarding Bodies (Exam Board). The Exam Boards charge a substantial fee for replacement certificates so please do try and collect them from school!
Appendix 1: Request for review of marking
Appendix 2: Access to script
Appendix 3: 2019 Result Service Board Fees
Appendix 4: Candidate Permission Form
Appendices can be found in the attachment below.